Friday, February 12, 2010

Artica

I’ve taken a break from University (some might say “again?!”). I have been studying a Journalism degree. I was studying for personal development, not a career change. With that in mind, and after confirming I already know how to write and I have no passion for journalism, I realised I only intended finishing my three year degree because I like to finish what I start. I might go back to the degree in the future but, after much discussion with my wife, I’ve decided to pursue art.

It’s funny that I never decided to do this before. I guess I was busy travelling or, most likely I might have felt that art is what I do in my free time, not something to make a living from. Anyways, I’m at the point now where I totally hate being a secretary and I am constantly daydreaming of my perfect job… If I could be anything/do any job, what would it be? A tattoo artist. There’s no hesitation in answering that. A big dream, true. But it will be achievable through hard work and baby steps. So I enrolled into drawing classes at the Brisbane Institute of Art. How exciting!

My first class was last night – I’m in love! I wasn’t prepared for the nude model, I was a bit embarrassed to begin in fact, but it was surprising how quickly the model simply became curves and lines and tone. I’m not looking forward to a male model, I have to admit. Ew! I’ve told Zanne I’m gonna draw the male models like Ken Dolls ha!

Anyways, last night was a great experience and I’m totally psyched about this semester. My drawings sucked but I’m determined I will get better. Our teacher seems to think we will all improve in no time – “it just takes practice”. Well then, practice I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code