Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hurtling towards 30

Hurtling -- To move with or as if with great speed and a rushing noise. I hear that noise. It's the sound of my life slowing down and speeding up all at the same time. You have more and more moments of realisation that the small, secret dreams you had as a kid actually aren't going to come true. I realised at 21 that I actually wasn't going to be a moviestar. I realised at about 23 that i actually wasn't going to be a rock star. Although I never actively pursued either of those dreams with any kind of vigour it was still a disappointing moment when I realised that I'd left it too late.

However at the same time as losing those secret dreams I've gained so many new hopes and dreams that actually have a really good chance of coming true. I've met the girl of my dreams, the person who knows just the right things to say and just the right words to use to make me feel like heaven on the inside. I've got a girl who sees the world like I do, who sees a future like I do, and who also wants to name our first son after our favourite character in our favourite book. She wants to travel with me, make music with me, wear hats with me and eat nachos with me and that, to me, is what real dreams are made of. I've never felt more happy, content, excited and passionate in all my life and I don't think being a moviestar or rockstar or any other kind of star could make this dream I'm living in any better.

1 comment:

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code