Saturday, May 23, 2009

umbrella-ella-ella

The other day Zanne and I were driving home in the rain (read about our recent severe weather here) when we saw a high school student waiting for a bus without so much as a jacket to keep her dry. Immediately Zanne exclaimed, "baby, give her our umbrella!" (which I did). As we drove on I thought: this is the reason I love her... As well as being effortlessly cool, Zanne is also an effortlessly kind and generous person. She gives rides no matter the inconvenience, she helps random strangers change their tyre by offering her car jack, she offers financial aid to family, she stops to hand back toys dropped by children in supermarkets, she offers catering and cleaning help for friends' parties and get-togethers, she reviews and edits assignments/presentations for friends... the list goes on.

Her kindness is automatic and she never mentions any good deeds or acts of kindness. She will likely be embarassed of my blog but I wanted to pay her a little tribute here because I think she's wonderful and I sure hope that karma is for reals because Zanne deserves sugar and spice and all things nice, that's for sure.

But it's not all about kindness... I also love her because when she falls asleep on the couch at 8pm this is how cute she looks:


PS. There are times when people don't appreciate Zanne's generosity, perhaps even exploit it, and, I'll be honest, I want to karate chop those people in the face. Just sayin'.

Shan

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I bet that student is forever grateful for that umbrella and will pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code