Friday, May 8, 2009

would you like 'burbs with that?

2 assignments, 1 exam, 2 parties and 4 days of moving, packing and cleaning interrupted my posting of daily pics so a bulk upload it is!


May 8: morning traffic on the highway - holy moly!
May 7: Zanne wasn't feeling well today so guess what my Mum did? Made her a baked dinner and gave her a cupcake. Aw!!
May 6: Zanne receives more flowers from clients (gotta lift my game!)
May 5: in memory of our apartment (sept 08 - may 09)

goodbye home, you will always be our first
goodbye stumbling back from The Beat only two blocks aways
goodbye carspace and fob, futon and photos
goodbye walking to work, your hand in mine
goodbye backpackers across the street, your music sucks
goodbye nachos on the shag and napping under air con
goodbye China Town and students crowding the path
goodbye all day breakfast and "see you in 5"
goodbye home, I loved you so

May 4: our new street sign
May 3: Moving Day - here is just one of the towers of our stuff currently in my parents' garage
May 2: Naomi's boardgame themed birthday party complete with a Jenga cake - radical!
the birthday girl was a "hungry, hungry hippo", we were "operation".
we laughed all night, we posed with inflatable dinosaurs and made up new high fives involving feet, we wore stack hats and top hats and met a girl from San Diego. i have a crush on my friends
May 1: Zanne and I at my work function, the Labour Day Ball...
Labour Day resulted from the labour union movement and celebrates the economic and social achievements of workers. I work for a Union so Labour Day and the Labour Day Ball are particularly significant. The Ball was actually my first work function with the Union (I've only worked there about 4 months) and it was a lot of fun, even with all of the coming out ("I didn't know you were gay blah blah"). It amuses me to see my (well respected, intelligent) colleagues all dressed up, slurring their words and dancing with pointed fingers and gyrating hips

Apr 30: one of Zanne's clients gave her this rather tall bunch of flowers
Shan

1 comment:

  1. Liking your jacket/scarf combo at Labour Day Ball - v glam rock :P

    ReplyDelete

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code