Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All the small things

Each day I try to recognise and enjoy what I like to call 'small wins'. When things aren't going right, you're tired or you just feel like everything's getting on top of you it's easy to miss all these small things that happen everyday that can make you smile if you stop long enough to enjoy them. Some of the 'small wins' i love are:
  • getting the green light at the intersection in front of our supermarket (cos if we get that one, then we get the next one and we're home in 2 minutes!)
  • getting through the day without a parking ticket after forgetting (refusing!) to pay the meter
  • thinking there aren't any good chocolates left in the variety box only to shake them up and find a Time Out at the bottom
  • having my lovely girlfriend wake up just a little bit early/me staying up just a little bit late so we can hang out just a little bit longer
  • being home in time to watch The Simpsons at 6pm AND finding it's an episode I haven't seen
  • getting an email from Shan during a frantic moment at work that simply says "I loves you"
These are just some of the small wins I look forward to that remind me to smile everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I love small wins. Sometimes you just have to stop and pay attention to them. It's mother nature's way of saying, "its not so bad afterall".

    ReplyDelete

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code