Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Awesome blog, average haircut

You may have noticed the new layout and name of our blog. As the weeks have gone by and our blog has taken shape it quickly moved beyond me and my musings and became very much about our life as a couple. The Shazanne Show is the name I've been using on youtube and it seemed more appropriate for our blog as it is now, since it is all about us!

We got the brill idea for the background change from Two Moms With A Plan (thanks muchly!) and Shan made the header herself using nothing but pictures of us, the Paint program and a her ability to make the most bland objects beautiful - a trait I absolutely adore.

But, as one thing that was drab becomes fab another that was fab becomes drab - neat segue to talk about my new haircut. We get our hair cut by a guy who lives in our complex, will come to our house and only charges $30 each. He's a great guy who works as a senior hairdresser but does our hair outside of work, which is why I've kind of put up with the hit and miss haircuts. And this one is definitely a miss. Now I understand that maybe I wasn't very clear with him when I said "just kinda do the same as last time but go shorter". He got the short right, but it's nothing like it was before. There's no style and it's just short. Before, I could get out of the shower, shake my head and if I was feeling lazy just put some product in it and it would look fine. But now - no. I know, hair's hair and it will grow out but when it's this short and I have only two ways to wear it, and then only one after a bad cut - it sucks!

Ok enough griping...

Shan and I had another wonderful weekend. After the craze that was Christmas/NY/Holiday/Birthday we've settled into a quieter routine of spending time alone on the weekend to save money and just to hang out with each other. With me being a morning person, and Shan a night-lover we don't really have a lot of quality time together during the week so we've come to love spending at least one day on the weekend just doing our own thing - breakfast at Fatboys, vegie shopping at the markets, Will & Grace marathons (I kinda enjoy this one a lot more than Shanny). As Saturday was V Day and our 8 month anniversary we had a really cool day planned - and then it rained. We still went for breakfast with our awesome friends Cassie and Melina, but tandem biking in the botanical gardens turned into a nap and surfing the internet, and later in the evening the Moonlight Cinema became watching the final episode of season 5 of The L Word. Turns out that being wrapped up in a blanket under the aircon on a rainy Saturday is actually the perfect way to spend Valentines Day.

Here are the dozen roses (chocolates) that Shan gave me :)

On Sunday we hung out with Shan's brother and baby nephew Noah - a cuter kid you've never met! And I have nephews of my own! Even with the flu he was happy to play all afternoon.

Post-family bbq we went to Cassie and Milena's for dinner and to check out their new décor courtesy of their Grandma who's selling her house and giving away her furniture. Their dog Rufus is totally cute but apparently has a behavioral problem that only affects like 5% of his breed which makes him a little crazy. The girls say it's like having a kid with ADD - they're hyper but you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code