Wednesday, February 18, 2009

an interesting and recurring cast of characters

The day-to-day life of me involves a regular "ride to work and go to the gym" routine. The two excursions have come to reveal an interesting and recurring cast of characters…

Riding to work I see:

The lawyer-looking muscle man who struts along chewing gum and wearing a bandana
The shirtless old bike riding man with saggy pecs
The unicycle guy
The guy who looks like my friend Travis
The guy who rides with his infant son sitting in a little seat on the crossbar of his bike (like a joey in a pouch – it is so sweet!)

At the gym I see:

The Great Wall of China Marathon woman who is so skinny she makes me feel uncomfortable
The ladies man RPM trainer who always plays to a packed house

I see these people almost every day and they have become familiar to me (in their particular settings), even though we don’t know each other. It makes me wonder whether we are all an interesting and recurring character in the day-to-day life of someone?
- Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code