Thursday, February 5, 2009

A marketer's dream

For lunch today I went to the little supermarket near my office to get some chicken for my pasta. It turns out today is "market day" in the supermarket so all the staff were dressed like farmers and the shop was covered in country paraphernalia. I don't know if it was the flannel shirts or the cowboy hats but I was totally caught up in the whole thing and walked around grinning on the inside (and sometimes on the outside) and left the store with two bags of fruit and vegetables that I hadn't planned to buy.

For someone who works in PR and marketing I thought I was immune to cheap ploys but apparently no. No I'm not. I was completely sucked in and now wish every supermarket had dress-up days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code