Monday, October 26, 2009

i do!

We're getting married today. In 8.5 hours to be exact. And I am surprisingly calm. Maybe it's because we're having such a small get together and there aren't any last minute arrangements to be made? Or maybe it's because I love Shan so much that this just feels like the most perfect thing we've ever done? I think it's the latter.

Sorry for not posting more about our arrangements for the wedding! We literally pulled it together in less than a week, and since there isn't much to it, we wanted to keep it a bit of a surprise. We've actually put together 1/3 of our wedding video already and will insert a bunch of pictures from today and post it as soon as we can.

It's raining in Vancouver today. It was supposed to be clear but it's raining and isn't supposed to clear up until tonight. But that's ok, we bought umbrellas and wouldn't let a little thing like rain stop us from having fun. Our plan for the day is breakfast here at home with Shan and Noah, then we'll get ready and our photographer will be here at midday. We're going to do a bunch of photos in our 'hood, then we'll go into the city and take some more before meeting everyone at the chinese gardens at 3pm. Our nuptials need to be all over by 4pm as the gardens close then and we can head over to the mexican restaurant for dinner and sangria.

I'm really excited to be married, and I'm not even one of those people who always wanted to be married. I never imagined I'd have a white wedding, and always thought that if I found 'the one', I wouldn't care if we got married or not. I just always wanted to be in love. I used to dream about what it would feel like to really fall in love and I'd wonder if I would ever find the person who I knew I wanted to be with forever and they would feel the same. With Shan, for the first time in my whole life, I know what it is to be loved unconditionally. To have someone know everything about me and still love me. I found the person who I know will always stand beside me, support me, encourage me, defend me, humour me, and love me and I don't know if she'll ever realise how much that really means to me. And now, having found that, I want to marry Shan so we can always know we're stuck together ("like magnets," shan said. "Like liquid nails," I countered). and I'm going to love her 'til my heart, or the world, explodes.

1 comment:

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code