Saturday, October 31, 2009

wrap it up

We shipped 3 suitcases of our stuff back to Brisbane today. We leave Vancouver next Monday - at which time we will have been married for 1 week, at which time we begin our 2 week honeymoon.

When we return to our sunburnt country (read: country of sunburn), we will have been off work for 12 weeks, I will have consumed at least 84 coffees, and Zanne will have watched The Hills, The City, Peak Season, The Office, Disaster Date and Parental Control about eleventy-billion times each.

It feels like we've been here in Vancouver much longer than we have... In fact it feels like we've had about 5 years in 1 this year!

Many hours later:

I’d love to finish this train of thought but I’m tired and busy and am having trouble articulating… Basically we’re busy with organising last minute details of our honeymoon, as well as those of our return home (inc: Zanne has been interviewing via skype and I’m in contact with my previous employer). We’re yet to arrange a proper exit of our friends’ apartment, as well as ensure Shan and Noah (who are staying in Vancouver an extra week without us) are comfortable and, most of all, won’t get lost.

There’s a lot to think about, but that’s the fun of it I suppose. I did intend to write about how much we’ve enjoyed Vancouver and what we’ve learned here, but I think I’ll leave that for another (more clear-headed) day.

Peace out peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code