Sunday, March 22, 2009

camp shazanne

Zanne is sick with a headcold, poor chook. As is family tradition for such situations, we set up camp on the couch for the weekend: pillows and blankets were transported from our bed, a box of tissues, together with a glass of juice and bottle of water, were placed within Zanne's reach, and, most importantly, the tv was on a continuous Will & Grace loop.

I felt a dead ringer for my Mum as I topped up Zanne's juice glass and said things like: "how about you take a nice, hot shower?" and "here, take some medicine before you go to sleep". Isn't it funny how we become like our Mums? I for one am grateful it's finally happening, and it's times like these that I reflect again on my luck for having such a kind, gentle, selfless mother who always topped up my juice glass, even when I wasn't sick.

Get well soon my love.

Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code