Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Page 9 girl

I got my first by-line! For the first time in 6 years, something I've written has appeared in a publication with my name next to it. Working in PR I've become accustomed to seeing my words appear in the media with no name or someone elses name attached to them. Which is fine, it's what we do, and in fact it's actually quite the compliment to see a journalist put their name next to something I've written.

As a member of the Brisbane Pride Festival organising committee, I've been assigned the task of coordinating this year's Queens Birthday Community Awards. This includes all of the promotions and PR and so when I wrote a press release for Q News last week I expected that, as usual, the story would appear with no name. But here it is :)



I have to say.. I quite enjoy seeing my name in print!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code