Tuesday, June 23, 2009

another box ticked - part 2

I resigned today. There is exactly 2 months to go - Vancouver here we come! Resigning is so uncomfortable. Of course it is a necessary part of the process, but I feel like I've let my work peeps down (old people pleasing habits die hard!). At least I've given plenty of notice and, given the current job climate, I'm sure they'll receive loads of applications.

I'm yet to see the official email notifying staff of my resignation, but I made sure to discuss with my Co-ordinator that said email would be fairly impersonal ie. it would not be: "Shannon has resigned and is moving to Canada cos she's a big lesbian who wants to marry her girlfriend. We wish her well." Even though I'm out at work, an email like that (or even a more professional version) might cause me to blush so hard that I would implode.

Two months to go and both resignations tendered - we're definitely at the business end now! And, I have to say, we have the most fabulous calendar and to do list in the history of the world. When I say "fabulous" I mean "very organised" and "very hectic". We have things to buy, paperwork to organise (visas, Wills, etc), appointments to arrange (Zanne has to get 6 more fillings at the dentist!), grandparents to visit, uni work to complete, a tattoo to finish, as well as making time for friends and putting together a going away party. In addition, my parents are now spreading the word re an engagement party! Sheesh. July is going to be hardcore. I can't wait.

Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code