Friday, June 12, 2009

happy birthday to me!

June 11: I got spoilt for my birthday!
I started the day with a treasure hunt, courtesy of my parents. They wrapped a bunch of little chocolates with $5 notes and hid them around the house - in the plants, the letterbox, behind photos, in the record player, etc. I followed the clues and took the right amount of steps and ended up with a pocket full o' money (literally!). The money is for the finishing of my half sleeve tattoo. Zanne gave me, among other wonderful gifts, converse high tops and a "make your own punk jacket" kit. She made the kit all on her own, it came complete with a radical box, denim jacket and patches to be ironed on wherever I want - so awesome! We had breakfast/lunch at the Sunshine Coast (we took the day off work) and had dinner with my family in the evening. It was a perfect day! I really wanted a low key family day for my birthday, mostly because I enjoy those days, but also because we're about to leave the country and I don't know if I'll be celebrating my next few birthdays with my family. Today was most definitely a happy birthday!

June 10: The day before my birthday. Some of my friends and workmates arranged lunch and dinner dates. I think they like me (aw!). Or maybe they were just hungry?

June 9: my Mum (at Zanne's request) bought us matching pajamas.
I know, we are dorks. But we are dorks together and that's the fun of it!

Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code