Wednesday, July 8, 2009

just call me shakespeare

To contrast my previous raving-mad blog, I thought I'd post a sonnet that I've had to write for an almost-due piece of assessment:

Brisbane, Australia

I’m Aussie, from Brisbane to be exact.
It’s not as big as Melbourne or Sydney –
some call it a big country town in fact –
but Brisbane is just right, if you ask me.
If you visit here I can recommend:
a cheap Fat Boys breakfast (on sale all day),
picnics at New Farm, near the river’s bend,
and The Beat, for dancing the night away.
Other local treats worth giving a go
must include Tim Tams, toast with Vegemite,
a glass of cold milk half full of Milo
and an icy beer on a humid night.
The summertime heat might cause me to whine,
but I sure do love this city of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code