Thursday, July 23, 2009

an ode to Champ

The day has arrived for us to sell our car, Champ. This was the first car I ever got to choose. It was the first time I was earning enough money to get something I really wanted and not just whatever fit my budget. From the moment I saw Champ, I knew this was the car for me. I loved the blue, I loved the grey racing stripes. I loved that the car felt a lot bigger on the inside than it looked and I loved that I could run around all week in it on only 1 tank of petrol.

I've owned Champ since before I met Shan so he's been there through our whole relationship - from the first morning I drove Shan home to now when he drives us safely to and from work everyday. Champ has been an awesome car for us and if it weren't for the move, I think it would be the car we'd keep until it stopped running. I know it's just a car, but it's the car we've had through every adventure, every big step of our relationship so far and we've always had so much fun and so many great conversations in it. I really will be sad to see him go.

Here's Champ attempting a jumping shot with Shan, Kylie and myself during a trip to Noosa. That day he got us to our destination after a river crossing on a barge and a drive down a long dirt road. He's so fruity!

All packed and ready to go on our first summer holiday. Champ carried all our camping gear for the whole week away. On our trip to the Bunya Mountains, Champ stopped on the side of the dirt road to look at giant cacti. Even when it's freezing outside, Champ always ran fine. Such a trooper!This was my fault, not yours Champ. And all the times we hung out with Noah. Noah loves Champ too. We always not-so-secretly loved seeing Noah's little seat in the back.
I hope we find a new home for him that will love him as much as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time in Vancouver:

 
hit counter html code
html hit counter code